WITH STORM REMOVALS MOVING NEED NOT BE STRESSFUL
Moving day made easy with Storm Removals
Moving home is rated as one of the most stressful events we can face in life. In a recent survey conducted by The Telegraph in the UK, two thirds of the people surveyed rated moving home as their top stressor, higher even than relationship breakdown or starting a new job.
‘It’s one of life’s most stressful experiences, and it’s because it involves having to cope with change,’ explains Nicky Lidbetter, chief executive of charity Anxiety UK. ‘Moving house represents a transition in life, it’s about change and unfamiliarity and for many people that causes stress and anxiety. Most of us like familiarity, routine and order. When you are moving, you have none of those. Plus it causes a ripple effect of change throughout your life. You’re not just changing your home and getting to know the new one, you might be in a new area, you have to find new schools for your children, take on a new commute to work, find a new GP and dentist.’[i]
She says that if you feel stressed or anxious, that’s perfectly normal. “It’s not a sign of weakness, it’s an understandable reaction,” says Ms Lidbetter. ‘The lack of order, the uncertainty and upheaval that surrounds a move can trigger underlying mental health conditions such as anxiety, OCD and depression.’
Part of the stress comes from having to decide on a company to entrust your precious possessions to for the move, especially when you are moving a long distance away. Confidently entrust your move to a professional moving company such as Storm Removals. Another concern is about how much companies are going to charge you just to quote on your move. Storm Removals is based in Honeydew and will handle your move to any part of South Africa. It is a fairly new business but management has a wealth of experience in the fields of logistics and transport and the company has already gathered a number of satisfied customers.
The management and staff of Storm Removals are experienced and efficient and will pack your home up quickly and professionally and move your possessions to your new home. There they will unpack and place your goods to your liking, just as quickly and professionally.
Contact them via their Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/stormremovals/ to request a free quote.
For October only, Storm Removals is offering you a special deal. Should your quote amount to more than R7 500 excluding VAT, you qualify to receive a free roll of bubble wrap and tape to be used to wrap and safeguard your fragile and delicate items.
It is common knowledge that stress can lead to depression and the development or exacerbation of chronic illnesses so do be realistic and consult your doctor if you feel the stress is going to be too much for you to handle. ‘Stress doesn’t only make us feel awful emotionally,’ says Jay Winner, MD, author of Take the Stress Out of Your Life. ‘It can also exacerbate just about any health condition you can think of.’ [ii]
After making the important decision of which company to contract to handle your move, here are some tips to prepare for your move:
- Don’t try and do it all yourself.
- Reduce clutter before you move so that you don’t arrive at your new home with things that should have been thrown out.
- Arrange to take time off over the moving period to allow yourself time to unpack, settle in and adjust.
- Look after yourself, have enough to eat and sleep enough.
- Involve your children in your moving plans.
- If they are too young to help, arrange for someone to care for them on moving day.
- Plan ahead and arrange for things like your phone, internet and DSTV connections to be set up before you move. You don’t need to be rushing around finding out where to do those things when you get to your new home.
- Research the area you are moving to and begin creating a support system.
- Become a ‘joiner’ – at your children’s schools, the local sports or service clubs. It’s a good way to make new contacts and friends.
- Think positively and enjoy your move.
- Start by preparing to establish a comforting routine similar to the one you were used to. If you are a gym goer, join the local gym.
- Hang your pictures on the walls to create a sense of familiarity.
- Enjoy new experiences – find out about venues particular to your new area and plan to visit them.
- Be positive and enjoy your move!
Contact Storm Removals (www.stormremovals.co.za) to discuss every aspect of your move and don’t forget that you could qualify for a free quote in October (https://www.facebook.com/stormremovals/). This dedicated, reliable, trustworthy, fair and compassionate team would love to ensure your move is a trouble-free one.
[i] © Telegraph Media Group Limited 2017